Your biggest challenge, in today's increasingly competitive marketplace, is to increase the bottom line while reducing costs.
How do you meet the challenge?
The answer is Lean Manufacturing.
EXACTLY WHAT IS LEAN MANUFACTURING?
Organizing and educating all levels to use new tactical tools such as 5S, Setup Reduction, Cells, Flow, Vendor Managed Inventories and Kaizen.
- Lean is a smart approach to doing business.
- Lean is making the best use of available resources.
3. Knowledge and skill of staff
- Lean is supply chain-wide strategy that helps organizations prosper in dynamic, increasingly unpredictable markets.
- Lean is a process that institutionalizes productivity tools such as:
- Setup reduction
- Flow, JIT
- Lean companies create the most efficient and effective organization possible with accurate data, least cost, and a staff empowered for rapid decision-making.
LEAN COMPLIMENTS EXISTING PROGRAMS
We understand that you may already have improvement programs in place that are producing some results. Our efforts will not replace them or compete with those programs. Instead, we will complement them, reenergize them, and add to their success. We help to make the toughest step… implementation…a lot easier.
How can we do this?
We analyze the entire supply chain targeting three traditional areas:
1. MUDA - waste
2. MURA - variability
3. MURI - over burden
For example, Lean addresses seven key areas of waste:
(Seven deadly sins)
3. Inventories of goods awaiting Processing
4. Unnecessary Processing
5. Unnecessary Movement of People
6. Unnecessary Transport of Goods
7. Waiting (under utilization of people and equipment)
BUILDING YOUR PROGRAM
Let us help you build your dream. Think of each department in your organization. Imagine products and processes streamlined to reduce costs and assure unimagined levels of customer services.
In Customer Service Operations we can:
- Dramatically reduce paperwork
- Improve flow of information
- Improve demand accuracy
- Reduce or eliminate quotation time
In Manufacturing and Assembly Operations we can:
- Increase throughput
- Reduce setups and changeover
- Reduce errors and rework
- Reduce equipment downtime
In Distribution Operations we can:
- Reduce square feet
- Improve flow and customer response
- Reduce inventory
- Increase accuracy of shipments
- Improve warehouse layouts and flow
- Improve warehouse picking productivity
In Purchasing we can:
- Automate ordering (supply collaboration)
- Institute "stockless" inventory concepts
- Eliminate purchase orders
- Improve the supplier partnering process
In Engineering we can:
- Reduce the design build cycle
- Enhance "Quick-to-Market"
- Develop "Design in" quality standards
- Improve manufacturing with new concepts in tools and fixtures
LOW RISK ASSESSMENT
Looking for ways to reduce your overall operational costs by as much as three to five percent of sales, but are reluctant to get started?
Not sure what to do, or how to organize to do it? Let the professionals help. We offer a no nonsense, quick, assessment of your operation. We will tour your plant, meet with your people, and provide valuable feedback of the advantages that Lean Manufacturing will bring to your company. Call us today.